The Ibiza is almost as enjoyable to drive as the Fiesta, plus it’s more spacious and should hold its value better. Even the 94bhp version of the 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine pulls eagerly from low revs.
- Great to drive
- Roomy by class standards
- Strong TSI petrol engines
- Lots of road noise
- Resale values could be better
- Firm ride in FR versions
If you are searching for a sharp-handling small car, there are better and cheaper alternatives – including the Fiesta and Ibiza. But if a rich interior, a comfortable ride, quiet cruising manners and decent interior space drive your purchasing decision, the 208 could well be the car for you.
- Very comfortable for a small car
- Smart and high-quality interior
- Punchy and frugal 1.2 Puretech 100 petrol engine
- Steering wheel design can cause issues
- So-so infotainment system
- Not much fun to drive