Do TikTok posting times matter?
In short, yes. TikTok posting times are essential to triggering the algorithm and getting your videos more views.
TikTok’s algorithm decides whether to push a video depending on how much watch time, views and engagement a video gets. Therefore, it’s important that videos are posted at times when people are more likely to watch.
Posting a video at a time when not many people are using TikTok, will result in less engagement, thus less reach.
Figuring out your audience is an essential part of knowing when to post, and using TikTok’s Analytics feature will help you do this. You’ll need a Pro Account, but the good news is that it’s totally free.
Here’s how to check your Analytics on TikTok:
- Open the TikTok app and navigate to your profile.
- Go to the Settings and Privacy menu by tapping the three dots at the top right.
- Choose ‘Manage Account’ and check if you have the option to ‘Switch to Pro Account’.
- If you do, choose that and follow the steps. If you don’t, you’re already set up.
- Next, head back to the Settings and Privacy menu and choose ‘Creator Tools’.
- Tap on ‘Analytics’ and you’ll be able to view your stats.
There are a few things you can look at under Analytics, but the most important section for you to visit right now is ‘Follower Insights’. Here, you can learn more about your followers, including demographics and gender.